We are not attorney’s and are not offering legal advice. Please consult with an attorney prior to using this document. Feel free to copy.
<Company Name> Internet Usage Policy
This Internet Usage Policy applies to all employees of <company name> who have access to computers and the Internet to be used in the performance of their work. Use of the Internet by employees of <company name> is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the business. However, access to the Internet through <company name> is a privilege and all employees must adhere to the policies concerning Computer, Email and Internet usage. Violation of these policies could result in disciplinary and/or legal action leading up to and including termination of employment. Employees may also be held personally liable for damages caused by any violations of this policy. All employees are required to acknowledge receipt and confirm that they have understood and agree to abide by the rules hereunder.
Computer, Email and Internet Usage
- <Company name> employees are expected to use the Internet responsibly and productively. Internet access is limited to job-related activities only. Personal use is not permitted.
- Job-related activities include: <enter relevant activities>
- All Internet data that is composed, transmitted and/or received by <company name’s> computer systems is considered to belong to <company name> and is recognized as part of its official data. It is therefore subject to disclosure for legal reasons or to other appropriate third parties.
- The equipment, services and technology used to access the Internet are the property of <company name> and the <company name> reserves the right to monitor Internet traffic and monitor and access data that is composed, sent or received through its online connection(s).
- Emails sent via the <company name> email system should not contain content that is deemed to be offensive. This includes, though is not restricted to, the use of vulgar or harassing language/images.
- All websites and downloads may be monitored and/or blocked by <company name> if they are deemed to be harmful and/or not productive to business.
- The installation of any software such as instant messaging technology is strictly prohibited.
- Using any portable device such as USB flash drives, CD or DVD’s, portable hard drives to copy data stored on any company computer or server is strictly prohibited.
Unacceptable Use of the internet by employees includes, but is not limited to:
- Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on the Internet or via <company name’s> email service.
- Using computers to perpetrate any form of fraud, and/or software, film or music piracy.
- Stealing, using, or disclosing someone else’s password without authorization.
- Downloading, copying or pirating software and electronic files that are copyrighted or without authorization.
- Sharing confidential material, trade secrets, or proprietary information outside of the organization.
- Sending or posting information that is defamatory to the <company name>, its products/services, colleagues and/or customers.
- Introducing malicious software onto the company name network and/or jeopardizing the security of the organization’s electronic communications systems.
- Sending or posting chain letters, solicitations, or advertisements not related to business purposes or activities.
- Passing off personal views as representing those of the organization.
If an employee is unsure about what constitutes acceptable Internet usage, then he/she should ask his/her supervisor for further guidance and clarification
All terms and conditions as stated in this document are applicable to all users of <company name> network and Internet connection. All terms and conditions as stated in this document reflect an agreement of all parties and should be governed and interpreted in accordance with the policies and procedures mentioned above. Any user violating these policies is subject to disciplinary actions deemed appropriate by <company name>.
I understand and will abide by this Internet Usage Policy. I further understand that should I commit any violation of this policy, my access privileges may be revoked, disciplinary action and/or appropriate legal action may be taken.
Employee signature Date